Attributed to Japan and Korea.
- One or more participants
- Public Building with minimum of 10 Floors
- An Elevator
Starting the Game
- Enter the Elevator
- Press 1st Floor.
- do not proceed if someone enters or exits the elevator. If this happens, start over from the beginning.
- Press 2nd Floor
- Press 6th Floor
- Back to 2nd Floor
- Press 10th Floor
If a "woman" enters the elevator at 5th floor, examine her spine, shoulders, arms, neck, hips, hands, ears, etc. Protip, it's not a woman. It's a creep. Do NOT engage, don't respond to anything it says or does. It's not human. You can see this. Use your EYES.
Press the 1st Floor button. The elevator will go up or down. If it reaches the 1st floor, leave and do not look back.
If the creep asks or says anything in some high-pitched whimper or screech, just keep walking, don't engage.
You're in the Other World
- Electronics will not work here
- All the lights will be off
- From the windows, you'll see a red + in the distance
Returning to Native World
Do the same ritual, press the same buttons. But only if you leave the 10th floor.
When you reach the 5th floor, press the button for the 1st floor. The elevator will begin to ascend to the 10th floor.
Press any other floor's button to cancel the ascension. You must press the button you use to cancel the ascension before you reach the tenth floor.
After you reach the first floor, check your surroundings carefully. If even the smallest thing seems "off", do not exit the elevator. If you sense something's wrong, repeat step 2 until your surroundings look as they should. When you're confident you've returned to your home world, you may safely exit the elevator.
- Seriously, look at the "woman". Yeah, no.
- If someone enters or leaves, begin again at 4th floor.
- Already there? Only people that leave at the 10th floor will go to the Other World
- You may become disoriented and forget which elevator you arrived in. The elevator may seem to get further and further away as you approach it.
- If you lose consciousness, you'll probably wake up in what appears to be your own home. But are you certain you're actually in your native home?
- If you overdo this ritual, you may become susceptible to accidentally "slipping" through the worlds.
- If you don't exit the elevator on the 10th floor, or if the Creep doesn't enter, you should head straight back to 1st floor
- Sometimes when you're coming back, the elevator goes up instead of down. Cancel this by pressing any button, between your current floor and 10th. Then exit. The other world is pulling you.
- If you faint in the Other World and wake up in "your" world, be careful. You can be pulled back there at any given moment. This may happen to people with susceptible souls.